I recently returned from a trip to Greece and had an amazing time. I’m always looking for unique experiences to take part in when I travel. When I read about Dinner in the Sky Greece, I knew I had to check it out! This is a totally different, exciting dining experience that takes place in the air. You’ll get the best views of the city as well as the Acropolis all lit up at night. Diners also get to enjoy a delicious 5-course meal paired with as much wine as you want! 🙂 Today I’ll share with you more information about this must-try experience. After reading my guide, I think you’ll find yourself making a booking when you head to Greece!
Who is This Experience For?
I was visiting Greece alone, so I choose to do this experience solo, but it would also be a great time for couples or a group of friends or family members, too. If you are solo, no worries—it’s a good opportunity to have a great conversation with other travelers.
If you want to see incredible views and also don’t mind being lifted up into the sky — Dinner in the Sky Greece is for you. A crane lifts the whole table and attached chairs safely up into the air—the views are so worth the first few moments of nervousness! If you have a slight fear of heights, I would say go for it! It’ll be a great experience to look back on in the future and you’ll also get to face your fears, too.
What Should You Expect?
You’re asked to arrive 30 minutes before your reservation. They have various time and date options available — including time slots that allow you to see the sunset and others that let you see the whole night sky all lit up! I attended an evening night sky session and it was gorgeous.
Once you arrive, you’ll sign some forms and enjoy welcome drinks. I chose to start the evening with champagne! After welcome drinks are served and more guests begin to arrive, the staff will safely strap everyone into their seats. When you’re in the air, you can make some adjustments to your own seat, such as leaning back more.
During the two-hour dining experience, you will enjoy music, friendly chatter with other guests and the friendly staff, and you will also get to taste a delicious 5-course meal! Talk about a night of adventure. 🙂
What’s the Food Like?
It’s delicious! You’ll enjoy a mix of mediterannian and Greek cuisine during your evening adventure.
The menu is subject to change, but here’s what was served in mid-September (2017):
- Soup Trilogy:
Santorini cherry tomato gazpacho, saffron &mastic flavored goat cheese
Beetroot coulis, lime, peppermint and black ink roe mousse
Yellow bell pepper soup, fresh marjoram & feta-cheese croutons
- Shrimp Saganaki
- Salmon Salad
- Beef Roulade served with garlic mashed potatoes
- Dessert Trilogy:
Ekmek with pistachio & blackcurrant coulis
Lemon crème with masticha meringue crumble
Chocolate delice with demerata preserved kumquat from Corfu
They were very generous with their wine re-filling throughout the whole meal.
If you have an allergy or other dietary concerns, you can talk with the staff ahead of time and they’ll be sure to tailor the menu for you. I really enjoyed the variety of foods and every dish was yummy.
How Much Does This Experience Cost?
You’ll pay 120 euros per person. This includes the whole experience: entertainment, a 5-course meal, and unlimited alcohol. Believe me when I say it’s SO worth it!
Here’s Some Other Info:
- Each dinner seats up to 22 people. You’ll need to make a reservation and pay in advance.
- You may be wondering about using the restroom. They encourage everyone to go to the restroom right before the table is lifted into the air, but they can take the table back down to the grown if you need to use the restroom during dinner. I was careful not to drink too much wine and I was fine. You’re up in the air for a total of about 2 hours.
- You’re able to bring your camera and phones up in the air with you!
- Wondering where to go to get to dinner? Head to the Technopolis of Athens Performing Arts Venue and History Museum. It’s nearby metro station “Kerameikos”. You should also know that Uber is widely used in Athens, so this is a good option, too.
- The views are worth it! You’ll pay top dollar to dine in restaurants and bars with the best views in Athens, so why not do something totally unique and enjoy the views this way? 🙂
I had so much fun! I think you will totally love this unique experience. I would absolutely recommend the Dinner in the Sky Greece to anyone who plans to visit Athens! It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you’ll be talking about long after the night ends. Ready to book your dinner?
Disclaimer: I was invited to dine with Dinner in the Sky Athens. As always, all views are my own.