Relocating an international business-structure to a jurisdiction with appealing tax policies is a goal plenty of foreign entrepreneurs face. Rights to very low or even zero tax-rates are now offered by many countries, incl. European ones. Comoros offshore banking permission helps you bring your business-project in this niche to the global market-space. Below we’ll look at the license acquisition guide, incl. key peculiarities and strengths of this permit, and dive into the procedure for obtaining bank license.
Our team is made up of highly-qualified experts working in the industry of founding, launching and licensing commercial projects for many years. Our lawyers possess a wealth of expertise and professionally-obtained background enabling us to achieve only the most efficient and speedy outcomes for our clients. We’ll assist you in getting an offshore banking license in Comoros and others.
Insights into Comorian Financial Entities: Understanding the Comoros Regulatory Landscape and General Basis
Banking permit provided by this offshore financial jurisdiction for financial establishments intending to run business-activities locally is a mandatory detail.
The license holder can promote, host and operate their own financial services firm. The banking legislation of the jurisdiction allows the offering of services that can be classified and categorized as full banking-type services, such as accepting deposits and the like. However, any local commercial activity is prohibited under this permit.
Local authorities began the process of modernizing Comorian banking regulations several years ago. The purpose of this modernization is to bring the island’s legal framework in line with international standards. The updated legislation has helped attract more investment and create a more favorable environment for the banking industry in the islands. The review of legislation has also allowed for changes to be made that can take into account new technologies and the requirements of international organizations.
Modern financial legislation will promote transparent and legal banking activities in Comoros, which will ultimately lead to increased income and economic development of the jurisdiction.
Success in Comoros Offshore Banking: Essential Steps for License Acquisition
The procedure for registering an international business company in this offshore financial jurisdiction is reduced to the following steps.
- Choosing a company name.
- Preparation of documents in English that must be legalized.
- Submitting all documents to the registered agent.
- Registration of the appropriate license permit.
- Payment of mandatory duties and fees that apply locally.
So, now let’s look at the key list of documentation that needs to be prepared and demonstrated in offshore banking license process.
- Copies of passports or other identification documents indicating the citizenship and date of birth of the directors.
- Confirmed residential address.
- Statement provided by the responsible banking institution.
- Business Registration Certificate and Memorandum.
- Charter of the company.
- A copy of the financial statements or annual report for the latest period.
- Confirmation of good reputation.
- A decision granting authority to managers and officers of financial entities in Comoros to conduct business on behalf of the legal entity.
- No authorized capital is required.
- A local director is not required.
- No KYC/AML officer is needed.
Empowering Decision-Making: Strengths of Comoros Offshore Banking
Banking authorization in Comoros has become incredibly popular after other countries have tightened the rules for issuing the authorization. In addition, the presence of this document demonstrates unmatched and unconditional strategic advantages of Comoros banking.
- The local regulatory authority does not impose strict requirements for companies that intend to engage in this activity.
- Comoros has a good international reputation and is not on blacklists, so transactions can be carried out easily.
- Fast business registration, minimum bureaucracy.
In addition, the islands are committed to responsible business practices. This is a set of measures and restrictions aimed at ensuring the safety of investors and consumers, as well as creating a favorable and healthy environment for cooperation. A detailed description of the rules that must be followed is as follows.
- Banking institutions must verify the identity of their customers in detail before providing access to services.
- Prevention of possible risks. This includes counteracting the likely loss of funds and other negative consequences.
- Support and consultation. Banks must provide information about existing services, the regulatory framework, and other things that clients may need when collaborating.
- Advertising and marketing. Banking institutions must adhere to strict advertising and marketing regulations to prevent the use of aggressive promotional tactics.
- Firms must train their staff so that they can provide an appropriate level of customer service.
These rules help create a safe and productive environment for the banking business to develop and prosper.
Licensed banking organizations are required to comply with international financial reporting standards accepted for the industry. This is important to ensure transparency and control over financial activities. Banks are required to report in accordance with the International Regulatory Framework. In particular, it includes the preparation of the profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
In Comoros, the process of obtaining bank license is not particularly labor intensive and takes quite a bit of time. The regulator has set rather low standards, however, they are reliable and the most necessary. Thus, the progressive development of regulation of the financial industry in Comoros confirms the desire of the island authorities to create a transparent and reliable environment for this area. Flexibility in regulation is the reason why many entrepreneurs choose this jurisdiction as an alternative where they can obtain a cheap and comprehensive banking permit. However, it is worth noting that obtaining this type of permit in a given jurisdiction can provide confidence and legal activity for entrepreneurs. This helps to increase the company’s prestige among clients and partners.
Article’s author is Denys Chernyshov – founder and CEO of the globally-famous organization Eternity Law International.