As a travel blogger, I understand that a lot of time, hard work, and thought goes into marketing. I use Twitter to handle a large portion of my blog’s marketing as well as to connect with others within the travel industry. You may be wondering — twitter for travel bloggers, how can it be done more successfully? Over the last year, I have dedicated a lot of my time to figuring out Twitter and finding the best way to use it in my regular marketing routine. I’ve been able to grow a solid following and have had great opportunities come my way due to my marketing and networking efforts.
Proper use of Twitter for travel bloggers is important! I’ve decided to share 3 helpful tips with you, so that you can take your Twitter marketing to the next level.
- Make sure some of your tweets contain graphics! Think about the tweets that you like to re-tweet. Do they contain only texts or do they also contain graphics? You want to make sure that users WANT to share your great content. According to Kissmetrics, “Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images.” Most of my own tweets include graphics.
- Share your own content as well as relevant content from others! You want to have a mix of content so that it’s not all about you and your brand! There’s lots of great content out there waiting to be shared! This is also a great way to work together with others in your industry to help promote their work and build lasting relationships. Take a look at your account and decide if you’re sharing enough outside content — or if it’s only focused on your own.
- Make a weekly tweet schedule. You want to make sure that you’re sharing your most important content and that you’re regular with your postings. Taking some time to outline a weekly tweet schedule can be a great way to come up with a solid Twitter plan. This will keep you more organized and more focused.
These 3 tips will help you get started with improving your Twitter marketing efforts!
Fellow travel blogger and good friend Sarah and I have decided to share our regular Twitter routine in hopes to help others have more success with this powerful marketing tool. Using Twitter effectively does take time and work — but it can have great results. We wish someone had shared some tips and techniques with us way back in the beginning!
Starting on June 20, 2016, we are running a 5-day Beginner Twitter Immersion Course. This is a great way for you to learn techniques that you can use daily to improve your Twitter results. Guess what! We’re giving away 3 FREE spots.
We’d love to have you join us for our course! For a short time, we’re offering the course at a discounted rate of $12! In a couple of weeks, we will be raising the course cost to $15.
Wondering if this course is right for you? This course offers step-by-step instructions to help you improve your results and is perfect for travel bloggers who…
- Have less than 1,000 followers
- Have a good bit of followers, but are struggling with growth
- Want to improve Twitter marketing results